Hair Care For Coarse and Frizzy Hair
Naturally, every woman wants her hair to look beautiful. But the real beauty does not just mean the exterior appearance. It is very important that the hair also feels silky, soft and pleasant to the touch. The structure of the hair is typically determined by heredity. Some people have soft and light hair, while others, on the contrary, stiff and coarse.
There are some advantages to having coarse hair. For example, quite often it is thick, strong, healthy and is able to withstand many unfavorable environmental influences. However, coarse hair is also very unruly, and it takes time to arrange it in the desired hairstyle. That is the reason why many coarse hair owners prefer shorter haircuts.
Usually women with coarse hair want to make it softer. It is possible, but you have to know the correct care procedures.
- First of all, avoid using a hair dryer, particularly hot one. Hot and dry air will make your hair even stiffer. For this reason, dry your hair naturally. Same goes for straighteners, flat irons and other hot styling appliances.
- It is not recommended to wash the coarse hair every day. Even if you have greasy and oily hair, try not to wash it more than once every two or three days. If you use a hair brush, replace it with a regular comb.
- Coarse hair can be styled into knots, braids or layered shorter hairstyles. This way the hair looks well groomed and neat.
The best way to soften the coarse hair is by using oils. The best oils for the task are olive oil and burdock oil. If you do not have any of these oils handy, you can use any vegetable oil. The oil should be slightly heated and then applied throughout the entire length of the hair fifteen minutes before washing.
Other effective tools for softening the hair are hair masks. They can be easily prepared at home.
Hair mask recipes for coarse hair
- Mix equal parts of olive oil and honey. Apply the mixture on your hair and then rinse off after 20 minutes.
- Apple cider vinegar is a great way to soften the hair. Dilute 1.7 ounces of vinegar in 0.5 gallons of water. Rinse the hair with this solution after washing.
- The mask from wheat germ oil mixed with apple cider vinegar and honey is perfect for dry and rigid hair with split ends. This mask should be kept on the hair for thirty to forty minutes.
- Clay masks have wonderful effects on hair. Mix the clay with water until it’s liquefied and apply on the hair. Wash it off after 5 minutes.
As an alternative, you can also try professional products for softening coarse hair.